Geophysicist - Onshore
Rovco’s mission is to change the way the world surveys subsea and we are becoming recognised as a global leader in subsea inspections and surveys using 3D vision and applied AI.
As the Geophysicist you will predominately be involved and responsible for the quality control, interpretation and analysis of marine geophysical data, geohazard assessment and the integration of geophysical, environmental and geotechnical data.
With a focus on the generation of client deliverables, you will work as part of the onshore processing team, working closely with geophysicists and data processers and reporting to the Lead Geophysicist.
As part of the role there may also be occasional opportunities to work offshore on our dedicated survey vessel.
- Quality control of geophysical survey data
- Processing and interpretation of geophysical survey data, including side scan sonar. magnetometer, sub-bottom profiler and 2D UHR seismic
- Maintain accurate QC and interpretation logs
- Produce data deliverables to client specifications
- Write geophysical results reports and finalise field and operations reports
- Work alongside data processing and charting personnel to meet client deadlines
- Maintain good communications with the wider team regarding interpretation schedules and preliminary findings in order to aid project planning
- Help to produce department procedures and documentation
- Assist tendering team with technical submissions for geophysical surveys
- Fill in as QC geophysicist offshore on occasion as required
Qualifications and experience
- Survey/hydrographic/ocean science/data related degree
- Extensive offshore experience in a similar or equivalent role
So, you think you might want to join Rovco? We don’t blame you - this is an amazing place to work!
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. Other benefits include;
- A fast growing company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that tracks market rates
- Generous pension
- 33 days paid annual leave
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
Sound like fun? Then get in touch! Even if you feel you don’t tick all of the boxes but are excited about the job and think you have what it takes to hit the ground running, we’d love to hear from you!
- Edinburgh, Aberdeen
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
As an organisation, we know that in order to achieve our goals we need to attract, develop and retain only the very best people and encourage their growth through our company.
As a fast-growing business in an ever-changing environment, we truly recognise how important it is to be aware of our roots, to visualise the mission we are working towards and to embrace our values to help us reach our common goal as a team.
Rovco is a global provider of ROV and hydrographic services, supported by unique artificial intelligence-based technology products. We have a vast track record in supplying services and technology to the Offshore Energy industry across the globe.
Rovco invests heavily in research and development, creating technology to support our clients. Our vision is to provide truly autonomous collaborative subsea robotics to perform Offshore Energy services.
Geophysicist - Onshore
Loading application form
Already working at Rovco?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.