Business Development Manager - Offshore Services
We usually respond within two weeks
Make an impact in the Energy Transition sector, identifying, securing and converting business opportunities relating to Offshore Wind Inspection and Subsea Survey campaigns for the Renewables sector and decommissioning projects within the Oil & Gas domain.
Leverage value added sales opportunities by using Rovco's tech-focused competitive advantage.
Use your experience in Subsea ROV, AUV, hydrographic/geophysical survey or detailed engineering and asset integrity projects to develop new business to suit our service offerings.
Help inform the future direction and growth of the business with adjacent services and sectors and leverage your existing client relationships to attract, grow and retain key customers.
This is an exciting and immediate opportunity for a Business Development Sales Manager role, that boasts with an enviable base remuneration package, commission based performance structure and early entry to rapidly growing company that is gaining significant market share in the areas it serves. This is an important and key role that recognises and rewards desire, commitment and success.
Are you a relentless sales hunter looking to pivot to a forward-thinking organisation in the post-Covid B2B sales environment, where only the best will grow and thrive?
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Business Development Sales Manager looking for their best move to join a venture capital backed, rapidly expanding offshore company. This role will assist in selecting and deploying new autonomous technology and new methods of data acquisition into both our vessel mounted survey and subsea robotic survey areas. Rovco is advancing the state of the art in marine robotics and autonomous data acquisition. We use disruptive and innovative technology within the offshore sector to drive change and efficiency into the renewables and transition energy sectors.
You will be responsible for driving sales in subsea services while actively looking for opportunities to gain new business and educating the industry about our advanced solutions. We are looking for someone goes above and beyond and takes responsibility over their work, and ensures great client contact and relationship building throughout the whole sales and project life cycle. You will be the voice of the client within Rovco.
A diligent and active listener, your specific questioning skills will draw out the real problem that drives the clients needs and wants. You will design a solution that will address these needs and lead the sale of value added services. In a typical week, you will be tailoring demos specific to your customers business needs and activities, working with the sales and marketing team on new strategies, meeting customers, or liaising with the delivery team to ensure the next client’s needs are perfectly met on their project.
Working in a tech-focused subsea services company, you’ll be expected to exhibit a high degree of autonomy and will be able to research, develop and implement solutions and ideas to achieve more growth. You will play a key role in our expansion, with a brief and role that advances as we grow internationally.
As the driving force behind generating new sales leads and contacts, a successful business development manager is a highly-prized asset to our company. The bonus-related pay and promotion of innovative services that clients love mean the financial rewards of this career and company have incredible potential. Interested? We hoped you might
- As Business Development Manager you will develop new business in the Renewables and Oil & Gas de-commissioning sectors.
- You will actively manage and maintain the Sales Pipeline and CRM database, ensuring the best quality of intel is captured against each opportunity.
- You will report progress through the sales funnel and initiate actions to push opportunities forward.
- Working with the Chief Revenue Officer you will make recommendations on which opportunities to forecast confidently that will convert and highlight through strategic win plans the steps required to advance and secure B list targets
- You will advise the exec team of progress at monthly and quarterly reviews
- Experience within subsea, offshore energy or the maritime environment is desirable
- Experience with ROV, AUV, hydrographic / geotechnical survey or detailed engineering projects is desirable.
- Understanding of the Subsea industry with a bias toward the Marine Renewable Energy Sector is desirable.
- Ability to build and develop strong working relationships both externally and internally
- Ability to win new customers and foster existing relationships.
- Identify new business early in the sales cycle and develop bespoke solutions that give Rovco and our clients a competitive advantage
- Experience in international Sales is also important and must be able to understand cross-cultural relationships and where possible influence decision makers
- Provide clear and precise intelligence to the Commercial function for bid preparation by detailing client technical specifications and requirements.
- Leading sales activities in your sector by defining, creating and implementing sales strategies
- Developing and executing a plan to align the sales funnel with organisational goals and targets
- Listen, consult, promote and sell services to current and potential new customers
- Delivering presentations at conferences, to key clients and prospects
- Working with tendering team to craft responses to tenders and development of service proposals
- Experience of sales tracking software / CRMs
- Working with a product development team to understand, tailor and develop the right service offering for our clients
- Maintaining strong market knowledge by establishing networks, reviewing publications and monitoring competition.
- A fast growth company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that track market rates
- Generous pension
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Personal private medical insurance that can be extended to your family
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture
As a team we are passionate about our company’s future and work hard to see the results of our efforts changing our industry. We are small enough that everybody makes a difference but big enough to provide variety of work and strong in-house expertise. We work together and celebrate our successes together.
- Sales & Marketing
- Edinburgh, Aberdeen
- Employment type
As an organisation, we know that in order to achieve our goals we need to attract, develop and retain only the very best people and encourage their growth through our company.
As a fast-growing business in an ever-changing environment, we truly recognise how important it is to be aware of our roots, to visualise the mission we are working towards and to embrace our values to help us reach our common goal as a team.
Rovco is a global provider of ROV and hydrographic services, supported by unique artificial intelligence-based technology products. We have a vast track record in supplying services and technology to the Offshore Energy industry across the globe.
Rovco invests heavily in research and development, creating technology to support our clients. Our vision is to provide truly autonomous collaborative subsea robotics to perform Offshore Energy services.
Business Development Manager - Offshore Services
Loading application form
Already working at Rovco?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.