Rovco’s mission is to change the way the world surveys subsea and we are becoming recognised as a global leader in subsea inspections and surveys using 3D vision and applied AI.
We are a fast-growing subsea robotics company focused in the renewables and offshore decommissioning sectors. We are advancing the state of the art in subsea robotics by developing the technology for live 3D vision and machine learning based data analysis.
We are looking for an experienced, capable and adaptable Project Manager to join our scaling business at a very exciting time!
Reporting directly to the Survey Business Unit Director this role will play a key role in ensuring the successful end to end delivery of complex offshore projects.
This will be a fast-pace, dynamic role where no two days are the same. The role will include the management of all project related activities including concept/solution creation, planning, resource management, resourcing, supplier management, scheduling & cost management, and ensuring the project delivers to exceed client expectations. You will also be responsible for regular reporting on the progress of your projects to the customer and internal/external stakeholders.
This is a role that will allow you to showcase your versatile skill set, demonstrating your ability to lead and manage complex projects to achieve successful outcomes and make a tangible impact to the way we operate.
Due to the nature of what we do and how we do it, every day is likely to be a little different but we the ideal candidate to be responsible for the following:
- End to end project management ensuring successful delivery against project KPIs
- Building cost schedules and completing the necessary contractual documentation in line with the commercial service level agreements
- Developing the pricing strategy alongside the business development team, and senior management.
- Maintaining close collaboration with the client’s representative to ensure successful project delivery.
- Monitoring and control of performance against budget, schedule, quality, and safety requirements.
- Identifying changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests/variations are processed correctly.
- Promote quality and safety within the offshore delivery team in consultation with the HSEQ Manager.
- Commitment and promotion of Rovco values and ensuring the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Coordination with relevant departments (R&D, Operations, Sales, Finance) to plan and execute projects successfully.
- Ensure that any technical issues are solved and that lessons learned are implemented to avoid re-occurrence.
- Reviewing tender documentation and preparing proposals
- Assist the sales team during the bid phase, attend technical meetings, plan demos, pilots, etc.
- Regular reporting / updates to management advising of project progress to plan, KPI's.
Qualifications and experience
- Significant, demonstrated experience managing offshore (or similar) projects
- Experience managing survey or hydrographic survey projects
- Experience managing high-value project budgets
- Demonstrated risk-management experience
- Strong initiative and the ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills, (written and verbal) with the ability and confidence to present in front of senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing project teams to achieve results
- Ability to travel worldwide for short durations (1 to 3 days at a time, with c. 30 to 45 days away per year expected, mostly in UK or Europe).
- A resilient and adaptable mindset capable of dealing with a challenging and dynamic operating environment
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude.
- Experience developing and maintaining strong relationships with client and sub-contractors.
- Ability to harness internal/external expertise effectively to inform critical decisions and maintain project momentum.
- Experience managing ROV based inspection/survey or hydrographic survey projects.
- Engineering/technical aptitude gained from a similar role or educational background
- Experience creating and manipulating schedules and project plans within Microsoft Project.
So, you think you might want to join Rovco? We don’t blame you - this is an amazing place to work!
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. We also offer a competitive salary, up to 33 days’ holiday (starting at 25 days + bank holidays), a £500 loyalty reward after 2 years’ service and a really flexible approach to hybrid/connected working, because we know that work-life balance is important too. Other benefits include;
- A fast growing company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that tracks market rates
- Generous pension
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
Sound like fun? Then get in touch! Even if you feel you don’t tick all of the boxes but are excited about the job and think you have what it takes to hit the ground running, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your CV, along with your salary expectation and a brief outline of why you are the person we need.
- Onshore Operations
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
As an organisation, we know that in order to achieve our goals we need to attract, develop and retain only the very best people and encourage their growth through our company.
As a fast-growing business in an ever-changing environment, we truly recognise how important it is to be aware of our roots, to visualise the mission we are working towards and to embrace our values to help us reach our common goal as a team.
Rovco is a global provider of ROV and hydrographic services, supported by unique artificial intelligence-based technology products. We have a vast track record in supplying services and technology to the Offshore Energy industry across the globe.
Rovco invests heavily in research and development, creating technology to support our clients. Our vision is to provide truly autonomous collaborative subsea robotics to perform Offshore Energy services.
Loading application form
Already working at Rovco?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.