We usually respond within a week
Salary range: £45,000 up to £55,000 if you have all of the skills & experience we are looking for
Location: Aberdeen – full time on site
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Here at Rovco we are busy making offshore hydrographic and subsea survey more autonomous, using ASVs, AUVs and autonomous ROVs enabled by our computer vision, AI, and data technology.
Backed/funded by a UK pension funds and an energy major we focus on international offshore wind and oil field decommissioning, and are building a $bn international offshore company.
Growing at nearly 100% per year we're creating the world's only truly green subsea services and hydrographic survey/site characterisation business.
We are looking for an experienced, capable and adaptable IT Manager to join our scaling business at a very exciting time and support our IT needs both onshore and offshore.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) this role will hold accountability for the company’s IT operations across sites. This is an exciting, dynamic role where your skills and experience can be deployed in unique, challenging ways across varying sites including our office, vessels (used for offshore projects) and the support of offshore operations.
Initially this will be a stand-alone role with a view to growing the team as the business continues to scale. You will be supported during your onboarding by the IT team of our affiliated entity Vaarst, based in Bristol.
With a focus on ensuring that our IT infrastructure, architecture & day-to-day operations are set up and functioning in a way that supports our operations, the role will initially be a real mix of strategy and support to ensure the business is well placed form an IT perspective to continue our growth.
It should be noted that due to the nature of this role there will be times where work out of hours is required (this is rare but may occur). There will also be the requirement to travel from time to time to support the set-up (mobilization) of vessels and project-specific sites.
This is a key role to support the operations of our dynamic, growing business. It offers not only the opportunity to show case your professional tool kit, skills and experience but develop these as the company continues its mission.
Due to the nature of what we do and how we do it, every day is likely to be a little different but we the ideal candidate to be responsible for the following:
- Plan, organize, and manage the company's IT infrastructure to ensure its effective and efficient operation in both an onshore and offshore/on vessels
- Ensure the security and integrity of company data by implementing and maintaining appropriate security measures.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, networks, servers, and software applications.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve business processes and productivity.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and company requirements.
- Manage the IT spend, negotiate with vendors and suppliers, and ensure cost-effective use of resources.
- Build and motivate a team of IT professionals, providing training, support, and guidance to achieve department goals.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in the IT industry and assess their potential impact on the company's operations.
- Configuring vessel IT infrastructure including network design and implementation, configuring endpoints and software for use offshore, providing remote support to staff while on projects.
- Provision systems to support remote operations with a focus on data security
- Support the business acquiring & maintaining ISO27001
- Travel / vessel set-up /infrastructure
- Offshore support – Flexibility to provide support to projects as required in rare circumstances / application support
Qualifications and experience
- Strong demonstrated experience managing systems, networks & software applications
- Strong technical skills in network administration, cybersecurity
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience in budget management and vendor negotiation.
- Familiarity with legal and regulatory requirements related to IT operations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Familiarity with vessel IT set-ups
- Experience implementing or maintaining ISO27001
- Experience with or desire to grow & lead a team
So, you think you might want to join Rovco? We don’t blame you - this is an amazing place to work!
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. We also offer a competitive salary, up to 33 days’ holiday (starting at 25 days + bank holidays), a £500 loyalty reward after 2 years’ service and a really flexible approach to hybrid/connected working, because we know that work-life balance is important too. Other benefits include;
- A fast growing company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that tracks market rates
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- 4 x life assurance policy from your start date
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
Sound like fun? Then get in touch! Even if you feel you don’t tick all of the boxes but are excited about the job and think you have what it takes to hit the ground running, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your CV, along with your salary expectation and a brief outline of why you are the person we need.
Other employers call this role: IT Engineer, IT Specialist
- Yearly salary
- 45,000 - 55,000
- Employment type
- Employment level
As an organisation, we know that in order to achieve our goals we need to attract, develop and retain only the very best people and encourage their growth through our company.
As a fast-growing business in an ever-changing environment, we truly recognise how important it is to be aware of our roots, to visualise the mission we are working towards and to embrace our values to help us reach our common goal as a team.
Rovco is a global provider of ROV and hydrographic services, supported by unique artificial intelligence-based technology products. We have a vast track record in supplying services and technology to the Offshore Energy industry across the globe.
Rovco invests heavily in research and development, creating technology to support our clients. Our vision is to provide truly autonomous collaborative subsea robotics to perform Offshore Energy services.
Loading application form
Already working at Rovco?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.