We are looking for a qualified or part qualified Assistant Accountant to join our finance team on a permanent basis.
Location: Bristol office - we expect that to succeed in this role you will need to be in the office 2-3 days per week
Salary: Up to £40k if you have all the skills and experience we are looking for!
About Rovco & Vaarst
We are a fast-growing subsea robotics company focused in the renewables and offshore decommissioning sectors. We are advancing the state of the art in subsea robotics by developing the technology for live 3D vision and machine learning based data analysis.
Our tech entity Vaarst, is a technology company building cutting edge products to solve real-world problems, using techniques in artificial intelligence, autonomy, and computer vision.
We believe in putting innovation to work and creating a difference in the world with boundary-pushing underwater technology for our clients in offshore wind and the subsea industry. Take a look at one of our products in action https://bit.ly/SubSLAMX2!
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Assistant Accountant (part qualified / QBE), to join our finance team at Vaarst. You will play a key role in managing the day-to-day financial operations, overseeing the work of the accounting team, and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial records. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to contribute to the financial success of our company.
We work in an exciting and dynamic environment where every day is likely to be a little different but here are some of the main responsibilities you will have in the role:
- Oversee the daily operations of the finance team, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll functions
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of financial transactions, including processing invoices, preparing bank reconciliations, and managing cash flow
- Lead the month end process including prepayments, accruals and balance sheet controls
- Line management of Finance Assistant including supporting their continued professional development
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, regulations, and company policies
- Collaborate with other departments to gather financial information, implement change and resolve issues
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, VAT returns, and audits
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline financial operations and enhance efficiency
About you & what you will bring
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Assistant Accountant who has what it takes to make a real impact in this role. If you have experience in any of the following, we want to hear from you; Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant or Management Accountant.
- Part qualified / QBE - AAT / ACCA / CIMA / ICAEW / ICAS equivalent
- Proven experience within accounting/finance, with good knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficient in using accounting software and MS Office applications, with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Industry-specific experience
- Experience managing people
- Experience using Xero
We have a simple process we take all our candidates through to help ensure you are the right person for us and that Vaarst is the right company for you.
- Submit your application with your CV, showcasing your skills and experience against the skills listed in the job advert. There will be a couple of questions on elements that are important to the role.
- A short 20-minute phone screen with our HR partner. We will tell you more about our role, the team and business, and allow us to learn more about you, why you applied, and what you can bring to Vaarst. You’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- A 1.5-hour interview with a couple of members of our team. This part of the process allows you to get a real feel for the work the team is doing and allows us to learn more about your skillsets. In the interview, we will talk about your previous experience in quality and testing. We’ll ask some questions around technologies we use, key skills for the role, and what we look for in a team member. Again, you’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- CCAT Assessment – The Cognitive Criteria Aptitude test will include questions on verbal, numerical and spatial reasoning.
- A 30-minute follow-up with our CEO to check in with you and get your thoughts on whether the role is for you, answer any of your questions that may have come up throughout the process, and clarify expectations
- Offer! If you are successful in the process, we will follow up with an offer for the role.
Rovco/Vaarst is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, should you require any reasonable adjustment throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let a member of the Talent team know.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and ethnic minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification/ skill. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every skill in the job advert, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Rovco/Vaarst is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Other companies may call this role: Accounts Assistant, Bookkeeper, Accounts Receivable/Payable Supervisor, Finance Supervisor, Financial Accountant, Finance Assistant, Part Qualified, QBE