Contract type: Permanent, full-time - minimum 2 days a week in our Westhill office
Rovco is an industry 4.0 business, and global provider of technology-enabled services to the offshore renewable energy and oil field decommissioning sectors.
Rovco’s mission is to automate offshore wind services. The company works with cutting edge research, focusing on the use of novel perception, data and autonomy technology to bring the offshore industry into the 21st century, and help further the growth of marine generated renewable energy.
You can take a look at one of our products in action https://bit.ly/SubSLAMX2
Reporting to the Survey Manager this role will be accountable for leading and managing the processing and reporting team to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
A key role within the survey department, the survey data and reporting manager leads the team responsible for ensuring survey data is backed up offshore, efficiently transferred onshore, as well as overseeing the production of processing, reporting, charting and GIS deliverables.
As the survey data and reporting manager you will lead and manage a highly skilled team of onshore and offshore personnel to deliver the highest quality deliverables throughout the project lifecycle from the tendering and planning stages through to offshore operations, processing, data management and reporting.
In your new role you’ll spend most of your time:
- Document and implement a data and reporting strategy, aligned to the objectives of the business, to ensure the achievement of financial, operational and technological targets
- Promote and drive innovation into tender solutions
- Act as the escalation point for any project-related data issues ensuring these are resolved in the most effective & efficient way
- Being accountable for all team-related processes and procedures ensuring a best practice approach to everything we do
- Lead and manage the survey data and reporting team to produce the customer deliverables, which includes:
- Overseeing the offshore data backup and ship to shore processes are being followed so that your team receive the data they need for processing
- Overseeing that all date is processed in line with procedures and that resulted are presented in a professional and concise manner
- Providing accurate schedule updates to inform deliverables status to projects
- Developing key metrics that help drive quality and efficiencies within your team
- Ensuring the data and reporting team is adequately resourced with a mix of permanent and contingent resource to execute the forecasted project requirements
Qualifications and experience
- B.Sc/HND in Surveying or equivalent
- Significant experience in processing and reporting on offshore survey projects (MBES or Geo data)
- Strong understanding of data management and backup
- Technical understanding of survey technology, systems, equipment, and software
- Advanced MS Office skills – particularly Excel, Project & SharePoint
- Experience working with a
n integrated management systems (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001)
- Dedication to quality control and assurance
- Strong people management skills with the ability to build and develop a team
- Programme or project management qualification
So, you think you might want to join Rovco? We don’t blame you - this is an amazing place to work!
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. We also offer a competitive salary, up to 33 days’ holiday (starting at 25 days + bank holidays), a loyalty reward scheme after 2 years’ service and a really flexible approach to hybrid/connected working, because we know that work-life balance is important too. Other benefits include;
- A fast growing company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that tracks market rates
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
Sound like fun? Then get in touch! Even if you feel you don’t tick all of the boxes but are excited about the job and think you have what it takes to hit the ground running, we’d love to hear from you!
Rovco is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.