Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Up to £60,000.00 pa + 10% discretionary company bonus, if you have all the skills & experience we are looking for.
Rovco is an industry 4.0 business, and global provider of technology-enabled services to the offshore renewable energy and oil field decommissioning sectors.
Rovco’s mission is to automate offshore wind services. The company works with cutting edge research, focusing on the use of novel perception, data and autonomy technology to bring the offshore industry into the 21st century, and help further the growth of marine generated renewable energy.
You can take a look at one of our products in action https://bit.ly/SubSLAMX2
Reporting directly to the Senior Contracts Specialist, the Contract Specialist will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and concluding legal positions in contracts during the tender phase, leading up to award and supporting operations with potential claims through project delivery and close.
As a member of the Business Acquisition team covering UK, Europe and Americas, you will work closely with peers and business partners to negotiate contracts for the sale and delivery of the subsea project solutions prominently across the offshore wind sector including marine surveys, asset integrity projects and technology-based development agreements along with contracts for the commercialisation of future innovation scopes. As an integral part of the contracts team, you will support multiple opportunities, including negotiations, award and operational support for contractual issues or scope change.
This is a dynamic and varied role where every day will be different but the key responsibilities that will determine the impact you make are:
• Review, negotiate and finalise contracts for the sale and delivery of offshore technology enabled projects across domestic and international markets with a particular focus on the US market
• Drafting and negotiation of terms and conditions including both legal and commercial terms.
• Interface closely with tendering, business development and operations/projects personnel. Advise on terms and conditions and other contractual issues to facilitate successful negotiations and outcomes.
• Work to create company standard terms applicable to the business lines and sectors they serve.
• Present contractual risk, remedies and proposed solutions to the Project team for ongoing scopes when potential change or dispute occurs.
• Advise business leaders of potential claims, delivery issues, and other post-award support and present solutions/outcomes that protect the business
• Liaise with Subject Matter Experts where required to support new territories or bolster existing, including legal counsel, tax, and Insurance, to ensure that all contracts comply to Rovco contracting principles and that these develop as we continue to grow.
• Maintain contracts files and databases with respect to contracts reviewed and agreed.
• Support P&L leads and project managers in applying contracting principles to understand and address risks associated with various scopes of work.
• Promote contractual awareness within the wider business acquisition team and conduct contracts-related training for operations.
• The successful post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
• Contribute to contractual strategy and ensure adherence to the same throughout the project lifecycle;
• Provide day to day contractual advice and support;
• Escalate legal issues where required and present options to resolve to the business;
• Assist in negotiating JVs, Head of Terms, Confidentiality Agreements, NDAs.
• Support the preparation and implementation of specific procedures and guidelines;
• Ensure compliance with all contractual procedures and requirements;
• Monitor project correspondence for commercially and contractually relevant matters;
We’re looking for a talented Contracts Specialist who has what it takes to make a real impact that is felt across the business. If you have these skills and experiences this could be you:
• Law degree qualified
• Demonstrated experience in contracting for the offshore industry, directly supporting sales, commercial and operations.
• Ability to follow contract standard with a view to qualifying client and supplier contracts with the best potential outcome for Rovco
• Great attention to detail and solid understanding of liabilities and risks, with some knowledge of Insurance and indemnities being advantageous
• An approach that elicits & evaluates multiple inputs (from both people and data) to make well-in
So, you think you might want to join Rovco? We don’t blame you - this is an amazing place to work!
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. We also offer a competitive salary, up to 33 days’ holiday (starting at 25 days + bank holidays), a loyalty reward scheme after 2 years’ service and a really flexible approach to hybrid/connected working, because we know that work-life balance is important too. Other benefits include;
- A fast growing company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that tracks market rate
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
Sound like fun? Then get in touch! Even if you feel you don’t tick all of the boxes but are excited about the job and think you have what it takes to hit the ground running, we’d love to hear from you!
Rovco is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.