Salary range: Up to £140k based + 25% performance bonus + 10% discretionary bonus if you have all of the skills & experience we are looking for
Location: UK with a preference to be based in Aberdeen or Edinburgh
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Rovco is an industry 4.0 business, and global provider of technology-enabled services to the offshore renewable energy and oil field decommissioning sectors.
Rovco’s mission is to automate offshore wind services. The company works with cutting edge research, focusing on the use of novel perception, data and autonomy technology to bring the offshore industry into the 21st century, and help further the growth of marine generated renewable energy.
You can take a look at one of our products in action https://bit.ly/SubSLAMX2
We are looking for an experienced, capable and motivated Sales Director to help create & lead a sector leading sales function that propels our business forward!
Rovco are seeking a talented and experienced sales leader to join our Senior Leadership Team. Empowered with overseeing and directing a high-performance team of Business Development professionals, you will ensure goals and objectives are set and delivered that translate to our business strategy regarding key client account plans, customer retention, promotion of technical differentiators in our offerings and tracking against our near-term fiscal plans and outward looking forecasts.
Drawing on your extensive sales and leadership experience you will excel in understanding clients wants/needs and ensure that through well-formed strategies, the business creates compelling, technology enabled, solutions that address these needs and ultimately as a strong closer, those significant opportunities are secured.
Leading and motivating your team will be paramount to success in this role allowing you to develop customer-based focus and retention plans and relentlessly pursue consistent growth via a substantial and robust pipeline of qualified leads.
Your success will be measured not only on lagging indicators such as opportunity conversion but also importantly on leading indicators such as pipeline growth velocity and team activity.
Your industry knowhow and extensive networking skills, along with your reputation with key industry developers, tier 1s and the wider supply chain will enable you to direct and utilise your teams to maximum effect, guiding or introducing them to key decision makers such as Economic Buyers and Technical Authorities. These introductions will leverage qualified scopes that suit the core business product offering and project-based technology solutions that will yield significant economic and technical benefit to our clients whilst driving our business growth.
You will become a mentor for your teams continued development and growth and an ambassador for Rovco, promoting our unique product offerings at conferences and panel discussions. As a thought leader you will input the voice of our customers to ensure that we continue to progress addressing industry asks through our Business unit leaders, technology and product development teams, building our service lines Globally and transitioning Rovco to become front of mind for our clients and a World leader in the areas that we serve.
Due to the nature of what we do and how we do it, every day is likely to be a little different but we the ideal candidate to be responsible for the following:
- Creating and driving strategies to successfully achieve new business opportunities translating to revenue outcomes
- Overall management of the sales function including hiring, team development, coaching and mentoring
- Development of the EMEA sales strategy
- Identifying and successfully pursuing new business opportunities, including new markets, new clients, new partnerships or new products and services
- Procuring and building relationships with new clients, gauging their needs and developing proposals to address these needs
- Maintaining and developing relationships with current clients
- Pitching to new and existing clients as required
- Attending conferences and events to build relationships with industry partners and staying up to date with new trends to feed back into our own technology roadmaps
- Creating robust sales forecasts and actively working towards meeting and exceeding them
- Possessing a strong understanding of the company’s products, differentiators the competition in the industry and how to position Rovco to excel in competitive tenders
Qualifications and experience
- Significant experience in the Offshore Renewable, O&G or equivalent offshore industry
- Substantial networking experience and an industry address book of key contacts and decision makers
- Well-developed understanding of subsea projects across any and all of the following: Geophysical or Geotechnical Survey, Asset Integrity, Decommissioning, UXO studies, ROV and or AUV based scopes
- Well informed on the latest industry trends such as the path to autonomy
- A future industry leader and ambassador for the energy transition, floating offshore wind, carbon capture and storage
- A demonstrable track record of substantial opportunities farmed and converted. You are a tenacious business development professional
- The ability to set & execute successful sales strategies, leading & motivating a team to achieve results that drive business growth.
So, you think you might want to join Rovco? We don’t blame you - this is an amazing place to work!
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. We also offer a competitive salary, up to 43 days’ holiday (starting at 25 days + bank holidays), a £500 loyalty reward after 2 years’ service and a really flexible approach to hybrid/connected working, because we know that work-life balance is important too. Other benefits include;
- A fast growing company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that tracks market rates
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- 4 x life assurance policy from your start date
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
We have a simple process we take all our candidates through to help ensure you are the right person for us and that Vaarst is the right company for you.
- Submit your application with your CV, showcasing your skills and experience against the skills listed in the job advert. There will be a couple of questions on elements that are important to the role.
- A short 20-minute phone screen with our HR partner. We will tell you more about our role, the team and business, and allow us to learn more about you, why you applied, and what you can bring to Vaarst. You’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- CCAT Assessment – The Cognitive Criteria Aptitude test will include questions on verbal, numerical and spatial reasoning.
- A 1.5-hour interview with a couple of members of our team. This part of the process allows you to get a real feel for the work the team is doing and allows us to learn more about your skillsets. In the interview, we will talk about your previous experience as it relates to our role. We’ll ask some competency based questions, discuss key skills for the role, and what we look for in a team member. Again, you’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- Offer! If you are successful in the process, we will follow up with an offer for the role.
Sound like the perfect opportunity for you? Then get in touch! Even if you feel you don’t tick all of the boxes but are excited about the job and think you have what it takes to hit the ground running, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your CV, along with your salary expectation and a brief outline of why you are the person we need.
Other employers call this role: Sales Director, Director of Sales, Business Acquisition Director, Business Development Director, Sales & Marketing Director
Rovco is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.