Job Title: Party Chief - Survey Services
Salary: Highly Competitive
Rovco’s is an industry 4.0 business, and global provider of technology-enabled services to the offshore renewable energy and oil field decommissioning sectors.
Rovco’s mission is to automate offshore wind services. The company works with cutting edge research, focusing on the use of novel perception, data and autonomy technology to bring the offshore industry into the 21st century, and help further the growth of marine generated renewable energy.
Take a look at one of our products in action SubSLAM X2 - Unlocking the Future of Marine Robotics - YouTube
You will have experience as a Senior Surveyor or Party Chief and be passionate about delivering high quality survey data.
As the party chief you are Rovco’s senior onboard survey representative and will lead and have overall responsibility for the mobilisation, data acquisition, Offshore Data Processing and demobilisation of the vessel and survey suite. You are an integral part of the Survey Department and project teams and will contribute subject matter expertise by providing advanced survey knowledge with an emphasis on delivery excellence. In this role you will ensure project deliverables of survey data are in line with client survey requirements by reviewing the project procedures, and method statements, and working closely with the wider project operations team. You will also work closely with the Onshore Survey Reports Coordinator, Geophysicist and Data Processing Teams.
Communication and understanding client requirements are a key aspect of this role supporting the project with internal and external stakeholders.
You may also be asked to provide technical input to tenders.
Rovco are looking for surveyors with a background in Hydrographic Site Surveying and/or Offshore ROV Construction Survey.
- Lead the offshore survey team.
- Act as survey party chief onboard our vessels.
- Provide technical excellence for everything survey onboard the vessel.
- Provide guidance on best industry practice.
- Preparation, installation and calibration of survey equipment during mobilisations and demobilisations.
- Ensure acquisition logs are maintained and reporting templates and other appropriate documentation are utilised.
- Ensure quality control and assurance is performed on all survey data acquired.
- Be the main survey contact for the client onboard.
- Assist projects to be completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist with line planning and other project preparations.
- Work closely with the Project Surveyor on project deliverables.
- Assist Survey Manager in maintaining up to date departmental documentation.
- Prepare mobilisation reports, field memos and field reports as required.
- Lead by example with respect to HSE.
- Taking part in risk assessments and hazard identifications.
- Hold toolbox talks when appropriate.
- Ensure data acquired is backed up and returned to the office.
You should apply if you have:
- A solid understanding of Survey principles and Marine Survey techniques
- Experience of Hydrographic/Geophysical survey mobilisation and data acquisition
- Experience of ROV survey mobilisation, data acquisition and inspection
- Technical understanding and knowledge of survey equipment and software used
- Knowledge of survey data processing
- Experienced in USBL calibrations
- Advanced experience in MBES, INS, USBL, GNSS equipment
- Understanding of UXO target ID, Inspection, pipeline, cable DOB and site surveys
- Practiced in writing detailed reports for survey activities
- Interest in innovative and disruptive survey technology
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- B.Sc./HND in Surveying or equivalent
- Relevant experience as a Senior Surveyor
- Relevant experience as a Party Chief
- Operational experience of SSS, Magnetometer, SBP equipment
- GIS experience
- Survey Data Processing experience
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? You’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. Other benefits include:
- 33 Days Annual Leave paid at Offshore Day Rate
- Private medical insurance, including Dental & Optical.
- Career and learning development through paid courses, conferences and events.
- Curiosity fund – up to £500 to spend on learning which is not role related
- Up to 10% company bonus.
- Pension up to 6% company contribution
- Volunteering day, to give back to your local community.
- Cycle to work scheme.
We value the diversity of our teams and are committed to supporting and welcoming individuals from all backgrounds, knowing that every perspective is a valuable part of our success. Should you require any reasonable adjustment throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let a member of the Talent team know.