Salary range: Highly competitive salary depending on experience + performance bonus
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Rovco is an industry 4.0 business, and global provider of technology-enabled services to the offshore renewable energy and oil field decommissioning sectors.
Rovco’s mission is to automate offshore wind services. The company works with cutting edge research, focusing on the use of novel perception, data and autonomy technology to bring the offshore industry into the 21st century, and help further the growth of marine generated renewable energy.
You can take a look at one of our products in action https://bit.ly/SubSLAMX2
We are looking for an experienced, capable and aspirational Director of Operations to join our scaling business at a very exciting time and drive our continued growth!
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Director of Operations (DOO) assumes principal responsibility and accountability for the oversight of our emerging Project Management Office (PMO). The DOO's primary objective is to ensure the seamless execution of project lifecycles, interfacing closely with Business Unit Directors to ensure their strategic needs are supported and advanced.
In this newly created role, the Director of Operations will lead and oversee the end-to-end project management functions, coordinating integrated project teams (within a matrix structure) to drive project success and to support individual Business Unit strategies. The Director of Operations is integral to the organisation's ability to optimise project planning, execution, and resource allocation while ensuring efficient and effective project management processes.
The impact of the Director of Operations in this role will be evident through the successful delivery of projects (ensuring our tech is deployed and showcased at every opportunity), improved project timelines, enhanced project quality, and increased profitability. Building and maintaining collaborative relationships across the organisation coupled with the strength of leadership to build and motivate a high-performance team will be crucial to the success of this role.
We have big plans for 2024 and beyond and are looking for the right person with the right blend of experience and ambition to join us and make a real impact. If you don’t have all the skills and experience we are looking for from your career just yet but have the motivation and ability to ‘step up’ into this role then we still want to hear from you!
Due to the nature of what we do and how we do it, every day is likely to be a little different but we expect the ideal candidate to be responsible for the following:
Project Planning & Delivery: Oversee the creation of comprehensive project plans, including scope, schedules, budgets, and resource allocation, with a focus on efficient project tracking and cross-functional collaboration.
Project Quality & risk management: Develop best practices for project management, coordinate risk assessments, and proactively manage project risks, ensuring that lessons learned are applied for continual improvement.
Regulatory Compliance and Safety: Ensure adherence to regulations and industry best practices, maintain a robust safety management system, and actively monitor and address safety risks through collaboration with QHSE teams.
Team Leadership & Development: Provide strong leadership to the project management team, allocate resources effectively, and foster cross-functional collaboration with clear communication channels for a high-performance culture.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven track record of significant experience in project management, preferably within the subsea services / offshore industry. Experience with ‘survey’ projects is considered an advantage.
- Demonstrated programme management experience, capable of supporting & directing project managers as required to ensure project delivery success.
- Strong working knowledge & experience of marine / vessel operations
- Sound understanding of relevant regulations, standards, and best practices in project management, particularly within the offshore sector.
- The ability to stay current with emerging technology trends and their relevance to the business’ product & service offering and by extension the way we manage projects.
- Proven experience in developing and executing project management strategies and best-practice processes & procedures aligned with the organisation's business objectives.
- Exceptional leadership skills capable of growing a high-performing, engaged team in a dynamic environment
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills to drive alignment and collaboration across different teams and departments.
- Demonstrated experience in driving operational excellence, process improvements, and cost optimisation initiatives within asset management
- Strong analytical & reporting skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Experience working with an integrated management systems (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001)
So, you think you might want to join Rovco? We don’t blame you - this is an amazing place to work!
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. We also offer a competitive salary, up to 33 days’ holiday (starting at 25 days + bank holidays), a £500 loyalty reward after 2 years’ service and a really flexible approach to hybrid/connected working, because we know that work-life balance is important too. Other benefits include;
- A fast growing company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that tracks market rates
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- 4 x life assurance policy from your start date
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
We have a simple process we take all our candidates through to help ensure you are the right person for us and that Vaarst is the right company for you.
- Submit your application with your CV, showcasing your skills and experience against the skills listed in the job advert. There will be a couple of questions on elements that are important to the role.
- A short 30-minute phone screen with our HR partner. We will tell you more about our role, the team and business, and allow us to learn more about you, why you applied, and what you can bring to Vaarst. You’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- CCAT Assessment – The Cognitive Criteria Aptitude test will include questions on verbal, numerical and spatial reasoning.
- A 1.5-hour interview with a couple of members of our team. This part of the process allows you to get a real feel for the work the team is doing and allows us to learn more about your skillsets. In the interview, we will talk about your previous experience as it relates to our role. We’ll ask some competency-based questions, discuss key skills for the role, and what we look for in a team member. Again, you’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- This a key role for us so we may include a 2nd stage process which we will provide more details about during the selection process.
- Offer! If you are successful in the process, we will follow up with an offer for the role.
Sound like the perfect opportunity for you? Then get in touch! Even if you feel you don’t tick all of the boxes but are excited about the job and think you have what it takes to hit the ground running, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your CV, along with your salary expectation and a brief outline of why you are the person we need.
Other employers call this role: Director of Projects, Operations Director
Rovco is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.