Job Title: Tender Manager (Survey)
Location: Aberdeen, UK - Hybrid or Remote
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Rovco is an industry 4.0 business, and global provider of technology-enabled services to the offshore renewable energy and oil field decommissioning sectors.
Rovco’s mission is to automate offshore wind services. The company works with cutting edge research, focusing on the use of novel perception, data and autonomy technology to bring the offshore industry into the 21st century, and help further the growth of marine generated renewable energy.
Take a look at one of our products in action SubSLAM X2 - Unlocking the Future of Marine Robotics - YouTube
Operating within a matrix managed organisation this role will report to the Global Tendering Manager, with direct mentoring and day to day working direction from the Senior Tender Manager of the Marine Site Characterisation (Survey) Business Unit.
The role is ideally suited to a Tender Engineer or Tendering Project Manager with experience of compiling compelling technical offers and solutions across Bathymetric, Hydrographic and Geophysical subsea survey services.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to progress their career in a rapidly growing organisation.
The role will include the management and facilitation of allocated scopes of tendering activities and the successful applicant shall be responsible for regular reporting of progress to internal Stakeholders to ensure on time submissions of high-quality proposals.
Utilising your experience to coordinate with additional subject matter experts from within the organisation, to support the design of optimal, technically advanced solutions. This includes; line planning, acquisition sensor type, offshore durations, risks and opportunities, reporting timescales and ultimately pricing, to package up a compelling and industry leading offer that meets our clients requirements and exceeds their expectations.
This role forms an essential part of the company’s tendering process to ensure customers wants and needs are clearly captured and our solutions articulated via the proposals Rovco craft in response.
- Creates compelling, high quality tenders using your experience of required solutions to fulfil the clients needs for a particular RFI, RFQ or ITT.
- Ability to incorporate Rovco's technology suite into solutions that will provide benefits and efficiencies to clients projects.
- Communicate and work with customers and their project teams to identify needs that translate into best fit solutions.
- Consults with peers for input into technical and commercial solutions.
- Preparation of pricing estimates for tenders.
- Obtain commercial quotes from key subcontractors and complete technical and commercial evaluation of such subcontractors.
- Works closely with the Business Acquisition team and the Business Unit Director to stay ahead of the market and drive forward looking business strategy.
- Ensuring any approvals needed prior to submission are obtained in line with governance processes.
- Analyse the commercial elements of tender documents, prepare and negotiate qualifications as required.
- Review of contracts from a commercial perspective to help prepare for contractual negotiations.
- Identification of risks and opportunities within tenders, initiating mitigation/improvement plans to allow allocation of contingency to the project.
- Oversee final compilation, quality control and delivery of tender documents to deadlines.
- Accountable for arranging the project handover meeting and ensuring that all relied upon data, clarifications, risk/opportunities, pricing, and other pertinent documents are available to Project Managers and operational teams.
You should apply if you have:
- Significant knowledge of tendering domestic and international markets in the Offshore Wind or Oil and Gas sectors
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience/skills considered in appropriate disciplines such as Hydrographic Survey, Geophysical Survey, Marine Science or Oceanography.
- Relevant industry experience preferably within Marine Survey, Offshore Wind or the wider offshore energy sector.
- Offshore operational knowledge is advantageous but not essential.
- Skilled in operating Microsoft Office Software packages, especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels.
- A passion for what you do, and a strive for excellence and a strong motivation to win in a competitive market space.
- Flexible, hybrid working and a 35 hour work week so you can work when is best for you
- 33 Days Annual Leave
- Private medical insurance, including Dental & Optical.
- Career and learning development through paid courses, conferences and events.
- Curiosity fund – up to £500 to spend on learning which is not role related
- Up to 10% company bonus.
- Pension up to 6% company contribution
- Volunteering day, to give back to your local community.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working options including compressed hours.
- Hybrid or Remote working, when you do visit we have modern collaborative offices in Aberdeen and Bristol with fresh fruit, drinks and snacks available.
We value the diversity of our teams and are committed to supporting and welcoming individuals from all backgrounds, knowing that every perspective is a valuable part of our success. Should you require any reasonable adjustment throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let a member of the Talent team know.