Job Title: Subsea Robotics Senior Technician
Salary: Highly Competitive
Rovco’s is an industry 4.0 business, and global provider of technology-enabled services to the offshore renewable energy and oil field decommissioning sectors.
Rovco’s mission is to automate offshore wind services. The company works with cutting edge research, focusing on the use of novel perception, data and autonomy technology to bring the offshore industry into the 21st century, and help further the growth of marine generated renewable energy.
Take a look at one of our products in action SubSLAM X2 - Unlocking the Future of Marine Robotics - YouTube
We are keen to find the next team member of our rapidly growing organization who would take a leading role on our offshore projects, The main focus of the role would be ensuring our assets are kept in the best condition and maintained to the highest standard whilst ensuring along with the Supervisor / Superintendent that subsea operations are executed safely whilst still ensuring a quality end product. You will be expected to take a pro active stance towards learning the maintenance and operation of our own unique SubSLAM systems and be involved in all areas of Subsea Robotics from ROVs to AUVs.
- Responsible for assisting in the execution of Subsea Robotics Operations on Rovco projects world wide.
- Perform your role offshore as directed by the Supervisor / Superintendent s well as using your initiative and leading more junior team members.
- Report to offshore management during the course of offshore work.
- Ensure uptime of Subsea Robotic equipment is maximised by ensuring a high. standard of maintenance and checks for all Subsea Robotic equipment and systems.
- Ensure records, logs and documentation are kept up to date and are of a high quality.
- Manage the work of the more junior members of the team offshore and distribute tasks appropriately.
- Compile / Lead toolbox talks and risk assessments.
- Lead technical problem solving.
- Ensure HSEQ standards are met or exceeded in all operations.
You should apply if you have:
- HND in electrical or engineering discipline
- Experience of Subsea Robotic equipment – ROV / AUV.
- Offshore medical
- Good practical and theoretical knowledge and experience of electrical and electronic systems
- Excellent piloting skills
- Good knowledge and experience of a wide variety of subsea survey and inspection equipment
- History of fault finding and bringing forward ideas to promote technical discussions / improvements, passing on knowledge and mentoring teams.
- Willing and able to take responsibilities to meet project demands
- Good problem-solving skills and practical thinking
- Good people management skills
- Attention to detail on Subsea Robotics systems ensuring high quality of work performed
- Good level of IT literacy (Microsoft office)
- High focus on Health and Safety of themselves and those around them, the Senior Technician is expected to actively promote and partake in safety programs and impart previously learnt knowledge in this area to junior team members.
- Experience in asset management
- Experience of training and coaching more junior Subsea Robotic Technicians
- Experience of working from both large construction / survey vessels and small craft
- Experience in both work class and inspection class ROVs & AUVs
- Experienced working with subcontractors of all nationalities.
- Forward thinking with an interest in innovation
- Ability to lead fault finding on Subsea Robotic equipment & systems
- Ability to take from past experience and suggest / implement improvements to the Subsea Robotic systems and Rovcos process and procedures.
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? You’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. Other benefits include:
- 33 Days Annual Leave paid at Offshore Day Rate
- Private medical insurance, including Dental & Optical.
- Career and learning development through paid courses, conferences and events.
- Curiosity fund – up to £500 to spend on learning which is not role related
- Up to 10% company bonus.
- Pension up to 6% company contribution
- Volunteering day, to give back to your local community.
- Cycle to work scheme.
We value the diversity of our teams and are committed to supporting and welcoming individuals from all backgrounds, knowing that every perspective is a valuable part of our success. Should you require any reasonable adjustment throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let a member of the Talent team know.