Job Title: Senior Project Manager - Marine Site Characterisation
Salary: Highly Competitive
Rovco’s is an industry 4.0 business, and global provider of technology-enabled services to the offshore renewable energy and oil field decommissioning sectors.
Rovco’s mission is to automate offshore wind services. The company works with cutting edge research, focusing on the use of novel perception, data and autonomy technology to bring the offshore industry into the 21st century, and help further the growth of marine generated renewable energy.
Take a look at one of our products in action SubSLAM X2 - Unlocking the Future of Marine Robotics - YouTube
This will be a fast-pace, dynamic role where no two days are the same. The role will include the management of all project related activities including concept/solution creation, planning, resource management, resourcing, supplier management, scheduling & cost management, and ensuring the project delivers to exceed client expectations. You will also be responsible for regular reporting on the progress of your projects to the customer and internal/external stakeholders.
This is a role that will allow you to showcase your versatile skill set, demonstrating your ability to lead and manage complex projects to achieve successful outcomes and make a tangible impact to the way we operate.
Due to the nature of what we do and how we do it, every day is likely to be a little different but we the ideal candidate to be responsible for the following:
- End to end Project Management ensuring successful delivery against project KPIs.
- Building cost schedules and completing the necessary contractual documentation in line with the commercial service level agreements.
- Developing the pricing strategy alongside the Business Development Team, and Senior Management.
- Maintaining close collaboration with the client’s representative to ensure successful project delivery.
- Monitoring and control of performance against budget, schedule, quality, and safety requirements.
- Identifying changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests / variations are processed correctly.
- Promote quality and safety within the Offshore Delivery Team in consultation with the HSEQ Manager.
- Commitment and promotion of Rovco values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Coordination with relevant departments (R&D, Operations, Sales, Finance) to plan and execute projects successfully.
- Ensure that any technical issues are solved and that lessons learned are implemented to avoid re-occurrence.
- Reviewing tender documentation and preparing proposals
- Assist the Sales Team during the bid phase, attend technical meetings, plan demos, pilots, etc.
- Regular reporting / updates to management advising of project progress to plan, KPI's.
You should apply if you have:
- Significant, demonstrated experience managing offshore (or similar) projects
- Experience managing high-value project budgets
- Demonstrated risk-management experience
- Strong initiative and the ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills, (written and verbal) with the ability and confidence to present in front of Senior Stakeholders.
- A resilient and adaptable mindset capable of dealing with a challenging and dynamic operating environment
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude.
- Experience developing and maintaining strong relationships with Clients and Sub-contractors.
- Ability to harness internal/external expertise effectively to inform critical decisions and maintain project momentum.
- Experience managing Survey or Hydrographic Survey Projects
- Engineering / technical aptitude gained from a similar role or educational background
- Experience creating and manipulating schedules and project plans within Microsoft Project.
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? You’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. Other benefits include:
- Flexible, hybrid working and a 35 hour work week so you can work when is best for you
- 33 Days Annual Leave
- Private medical insurance, including Dental & Optical.
- Career and learning development through paid courses, conferences and events.
- Curiosity fund – up to £500 to spend on learning which is not role related
- Up to 10% company bonus.
- Pension up to 6% company contribution
- Volunteering day, to give back to your local community.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working options including compressed hours.
- Hybrid working, up to 3 days working from home.
We value the diversity of our teams and are committed to supporting and welcoming individuals from all backgrounds, knowing that every perspective is a valuable part of our success. Should you require any reasonable adjustment throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let a member of the Talent team know.