Job Title: Online Surveyor - ROV
Salary: Highly Competitive
Rovco’s is an industry 4.0 business, and global provider of technology-enabled services to the offshore renewable energy and oil field decommissioning sectors.
Rovco’s mission is to automate offshore wind services. The company works with cutting edge research, focusing on the use of novel perception, data and autonomy technology to bring the offshore industry into the 21st century, and help further the growth of marine generated renewable energy.
Take a look at one of our products in action SubSLAM X2 - Unlocking the Future of Marine Robotics - YouTube
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Rovco's Survey department as an Online Surveyor.
You will have the chance to work on board survey vessels with advanced inspection survey sensors.
You will work closely with Software Developers to revolutionise the offshore industry.
In a fast growing company you will have the opportunity to rapidly advance your career.
- Provide technical experience and support to the wider survey team
- Preparation, installation and calibration of survey equipment during mobilisations and demobilisations
- Ensure acquisition logs are maintained and reporting templates and other appropriate documentation are utilised
- Ensure quality control and assurance is performed on all survey data acquired
- Conduct activities related to sensor mobilisation ensuring all tasks are completed to schedule & quality requirements
- Coordinate with Senior Surveyor or Party Chief as required in relation to any issues with equipment preparation, suitability and/or performance
- Complete ad-hoc activities at the request of the Senior Surveyor or Party Chief as required within agreed timeframes
- Encourage a good relationship between survey crew and other departments
You should apply if you have:
- Experience as an online surveyor (IMCA Grade II)
- A solid understanding of survey principles and marine survey techniques
- Experience of ROV survey mobilisation, data acquisition and inspection
- Experience with USBL calibrations
- Operational experience of MBES, INS, USBL, GNSS and Pipetracking equipment
- Understanding of UXO target ID, Inspection, pipeline, cable DOB and site surveys
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Operational Experience with Eiva Online
- Relevant experience as an Online Surveyor (IMCA Grade I)
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with Qinsy Online
- CAD Experience
People join Rovco because they are excited by the possibility of leaving their own mark on the world and developing solutions that solve real world problems. Although we share the same vision, we value varied perspectives, and we adapt to fit different people from all walks of life. Not only does that make for a genuinely awesome team of colleagues, but it also makes day-to-day life more interesting, and it’s how we keep evolving and getting better at what we do.
What’s in it for you? You’ll get to work with a passionate, smart and highly driven team with an incredible range of skills. Other benefits include:
- 33 Days Annual Leave paid at Offshore Day Rate
- Private medical insurance, including Dental & Optical.
- Career and learning development through paid courses, conferences and events.
- Curiosity fund – up to £500 to spend on learning which is not role related
- Up to 10% company bonus.
- Pension up to 6% company contribution
- Volunteering day, to give back to your local community.
- Cycle to work scheme.
We value the diversity of our teams and are committed to supporting and welcoming individuals from all backgrounds, knowing that every perspective is a valuable part of our success. Should you require any reasonable adjustment throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let a member of the Talent team know.